Sunday, July 8, 2012

Mystery News: Five Trips for Crime Lovers

I always love to visit places I've read about in mysteries. After all, I'm already familiar with them from the books. I've followed Dashiell Hammett's footsteps in San Francisco and driven around Raymond Chandler's L.A. I've taken the Sherlock Holmes walking tour in London, and found many Maigret spots in Paris.

Occasionally I post new walking, driving and bus trips here on Mystery Fanfare, so I was delighted to read an article in yesterday's CNN online edition about Five trips for Crime Lovers.  (the 5th one includes 3 different cities in Sweden) Adding these to my list.


Laura Lippman's Baltimore, MDArcher Mayor's Brattleboro, VT
Ian Rankin's Edinburgh, Scotland
Alexander McCall Smith's Gaborone, Botswana

SWEDEN
Camilla Lackberg's Fjallbacka, Sweden
Henning Mankell's Ystad, Sweden
Stieg Larsson's Stockholm, Sweden

No comments: